When you don't look your best it is hard to feel your best.
We offer a solution for those stubborn areas of fat that don't seem to ever go away, despite your best efforts. The Zerona-Z6 laser allows us to target the areas that are the most problematic to you.
How does it work?
The Zerona-Z6 has 6 rotating diodes which put out a 635 nm continuous wave beam. When this wavelength of light interacts with the fat cells, a pore is opened in the cell membrane which allows fat to be released into circulation to be burned as energy.
During the FDA clinical trials, patients on average lost 3.72 inches over a course of 6 treatments from their waists, hips, and thighs. These results allowed it to become the first non-invasive body contouring device with FDA 510(k) clearance.
In addition to the laser therapy opening a pore in the fat cells, Zerona body contouring procedure has the following effects:
- ➤ Increases the number of mitochondria in cells, and increases cellular energy production
- ➤ Suppresses inflammation and increases antioxidant production
- ➤ Decreases stress hormones and increases anabolic hormones like Human Growth Hormone
- ➤ Increases levels of the body's natural opioids, reducing pain
- ➤ Turns on the genes associated with DNA and cell repair, directly opposing the aging process
- ➤ Improves the flow of blood and lymph
Zerona laser body contouring goes beyond weight loss.
The procedure improves digestive and metabolic health. This means longer lasting results and better quality of life overall.
Before and After Zerona Laser Body Contouring
*Individual patient’s results may vary.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- ➤ How long before I start to see results? Most patients lose 0.5 to 2 inches even after the first treatment, with subsequent treatments producing even better results.
- ➤ How long do the results last? The results obtained by using the Zerona can be long-lasting, especially when used along with changes in diet and exercise. We have noticed that people who receive low level laser therapy have improved energy, sleep, and a reduction in inflammation systemically, which makes it easier to implement diet and lifestyle changes.
- ➤ Does it hurt? The Zerona is a class two laser, which means it doesn't put out enough power to heat or burn tissues. It works via the interaction of the light beam with the membrane of the fat cells.
- ➤ How much downtime is required after treatments? None. In fact, patients are encouraged to move and be active after treatments because this improves the results of the treatment.
- ➤ How does the Zerona compare with Coolsculpting and liposuction? The Zerona opens up a pore in the fat cells under the skin, allowing the fat they contain to move into circulation to be burned as energy. Coolsculpting aims to destroy the fat cells, which is painful, and can create inflammation and bruising. Liposuction is basically a removal of fat and fat cells from the body.
- ➤ Will the fat that is released by this treatment be re-deposited somewhere else in the body as it is with liposuction or CoolSculpting? No, with the Zerona laser body contouring procedure, the fat cells aren't killed or removed, they are just reduced in size.
- ➤ What are the risks associated with the use of the Zerona? Unlike the pain, bruising, and scar tissue that can be caused by CoolSculpting, and the scar tissue, and risk of pulmonary or cerebral embolism (stroke) with liposuction, the main considerations when using low-level laser therapy are:
- • long term exposure to the eyes may damage eyesight (so we use protective glasses)
- • Interactions between low level laser therapy with cancerous lesions are unknown, so we avoid areas known or suspected to be cancerous.
- ➤ Is this treatment compatible with tattoos, sun-exposed skin (sunburn), jewelry, and artificial tans? Yes, the Zerona laser body contouring procedure can be safely used if a patient has tattoos or a tan (artificial or natural). Jewelry may have to be removed due to its capacity to reflect light, which would decrease the treatment's effectiveness.
- ➤ How long do the treatments take? The treatment time is 40 minutes per session (20 minutes on the front and 20 minutes on the back). Patients tend to get the best results when doing 6-12 treatments over 2-8 weeks.